Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
I’m glad they’re releasing a lot of footage from that Tupac [session]…I’m talking about more footage than the one everyone kept seeing. Now you see us coming out of the limo. Tupac was like, “Fuck the luggage, just leave that shit in the car.” We go right into the studio. Tupac linked up with us because Smif-N-Wessun had sent him “Hold Ya Head Up” shouts out. Pac felt like New York people wasn’t really fucking with him, and Tek and Steele was like, they had fucked with him. So he said, “When I get out, I want to fuck with the dudes who fuck with me.” Soon as he came home, soon as he got out, he got to Cali. All that shit that happened, he came home, he was fresh off of All Eyez On Me and everything was still rolling and he said I want to do my project, the One Nation album. That was going to have all of us on it.
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Monday, April 1, 2013
Friday, March 15, 2013
- THUGLIFE stands for "The Hate U Give Lil Infants F*ck Everybody"
- OUTLAW stands for "Operating under thug laws as warriors"
- Tupac was offered a record contract at the age of 13. Afeni however refused to let him sign anything at such a young age. She felt he had a lot to learn about the world before joining the music industry.
- Before becoming famous Tupac was part of the local Baltimore TV news Special. The program, called "Saturday Night Specials," was on a type of gun. Tupac spoke with great knowledge on the guns, speaking on how they were poorly and cheaply made.
- The video tape named "Tupac and Jada Home video" which appears on Tupac: Resurrection, was recorded at King's Dominion Amusement Park.
- Tupac enjoyed various types of music artists, including Eric Clapton, Tracy Chapman, Jimi Hendrix and Muddy Waters. He is quoted as calling Tracy Chapman a "True Poet."
- As a child, Tupac's friends often gave him clothes for Christmas and birthdays, because they were aware of the poverty in which he lived.
- For a time Tupac lived with Linda Pratt, wife of Gernimo Pratt, in Marin City.
- Tupac's favorite piece of music was from the play Les Miserables. He went to see the play with his then girlfriend Keisha Morris.
- The first known Tupac song is titled "When Will You Learn", a song about gun violence dedicated to a friend of his who was killed on the block. The friends name was Darren Berret. It's been said that Tupac copied the "Not wearing any shirt" dress sense from him.
- Tupac had a hand written rap on the wall of the Enoch Pratt Free library in Baltimore. It sat next to poetry by Edgar Allan Poe. (It has since been added to the vaults.)
- It was reported by Mike Dyson that the song "Vincent" by Don Maclean was played on repeat during Tupac's last hours.
- According to Suge Knight, the song "Never Had A Friend Like Me" was about their relationship because Suge once told Tupac "Your Enemies my Enemies."
- The Tupac poem "Nothing can come between us," was written for his friend John Cole, whom Tupac nicknamed "White Boy John."
- Tupac & Big Saccs both went looting together during the LA Riots. According to Sacc's, he and Tupac went straight from the studio to the hood and started looting.
- Tupac turned up at a ball at the Baltimore School Of The Art's dressed as Shaka Zulu. His roommate and close friend John Cole dressed as his white slave. Tupac and John won the best costume award.
- Herbie Lovebug, manger of "Salt-N-Peppa," was once asked by Tupac's group Born Busy to hear one of their raps. Herbie told them "Naw, I aint got time for this shit I gotta be on a plane in ten hours!" Years later when Tupac was at the opening of "Juice," Herbie approached him and expressed a desire to work with him. Tupac's reply wasn't one Herbie was looking for.
- Tupac's cousin Scott got him the role of Travis in "A Rasin in the Sun." Scott was also in the New York School for the arts.
- Before he had become famous, Tupac was once paid $335 to appear in an advertisement for a local news channel. He used that money to pay for the months rent
- Tupac met The Assassin and Dee Tha Mad ***** back in late '93/early '94. He enjoyed the time he spent working with them so much that he booked a studio for the three for an entire week.
- Tupac and Snoop were supposed to perform "2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted" on Saturday Night Live, an NBC TV-show. Snoop never appeared for the rehearsal, so Tupac and Ice-T performed "Only God Can Judge Me", "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" (Barbara Streisand cover) and a little skit. Even though he didn't look it, Pac was embarrassed by the Streisand cover and was really mad at Snoop for not showing up.
- After Pac had released 2Pacalypse Now he wanted to bring out a group called "Nothing Gold." He was going to do production for them while they wrote their own lyrics, but it never happened. He was also working with a female artist called "A Sister Named Mister," but she never came out either.
- Keisha Morris, once married to Tupac, came to visit him in his hotel room in Atlanta. The hotel-room caught fire and she tried to quickly escape. Tupac was disappointed in her and told her he couldn't trust her because she didn't stay with him to fight the fire.
- Tupac met Fredro Starr at the premiere of "Sunset Park."
- Tupac was married to Keisha Morris but the marriage was nullified. In the unreleased song "Ghetto Star" with Bad Azz he says "an addict for a wife, livin the life, of a ghetto star". She has a Tupac tattoo on her arm.
- Tupac planned on being an actor before he ever thought about being a rapper.
- Tupac is in the Guinness Book of World Records as the most successful rapper of all time.
- Tupac dissed Nas all the time for biting his style, "This little ni**a named Nas think he live like me, talking bout he left the hospital took 5 like me."
- Stretch was Tupac's friend and was present when Pac got shot the first time in New York. He was later killed exactly one year to the date of that shooting. In "Against All Odds" Pac mentions his death, stating "and to that n*gga that was down for me, rest his head, switched sides guess his new friends wanted him dead."
- The Bootcamp Click also had a beef with Badboy and liked the song HitEmUp. Tupac and the Bootcamp hooked up on a CD called One Nation which hasn't been released. The purpose of the album was to squash the Eastcoast/Westcoast beef and make it apparent that the beef was with Badboy, not the east.
- Death Row Records' CEO Suge Knight took Tupac to his first basketball game.
- "Flex" was supposed to be on Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z... , but didn't make it.
- "Lost Souls" by Tupac featuring the Outlawz was recorded on July 8, 1996.
- There was a time before Tupac was famous when he found out that there was a group of people pissed off and looking for him. He went home, put on his vest, strapped himself with every gun he had, knocked on the door of the people that were looking for him and said "Are you looking for me!" Apparently someone in Tupac's family put out word to make sure nothing happened to him, but they thought he was a crazy motherf*cker and respected him for it.
- Wendy Williams said that Tupac got raped in jail. Tupac retaliated in the unreleased song "Why U Turn on Me" where he goes off... "I'm gonna put a $20,000 hit, through Jenny Craig, to come find your a** and put you in a fat farm, you fat b*tch" and so on.
- Tupac was supposed to star in Menace to Society but when given a part bigger than what he wanted he got into a fight with the Hughes brothers who were directing the movie. Tupac said "I hit one of them and he dropped, the other one ran like a b*tch"
- Tupac believed his rape case was part of a setup by Jacques Agnant aka Haitian Jack, who Tupac claimed was part of the situation. Tupac retaliated in "Against all Odds" on the Makaveli CD claiming that Jacques Agnant was a government informant, "Same Crime, different trials n*gga picture what he said." Agnant sued and the estate stating there had been numerous attempts on his life and he was unable to find work.
- Badboy was supposedly funded by the Black Mafia, a gang in which King Tut belonged to. Tupac was hanging around Tut the week he was shot. Tupac made a remark about one of their associates in an interview, which may have been the reason he was shot in 1994. Tupac speaks on Tut on "Against all Odds" stating "Gun shots to Tut, now you stuck."
- Tupac studied drama at Baltimore's School For The Arts, where he rapped under the name MC New York.
- While he was with Digital Underground, someone once shoved a 12 gauge shotgun in Tupac's face because of a dispute over a girl. This occurred after Pac appeared with Digital underground at a Martin Luther King Jr. festival.
- "Me And My Girlfriend" is about his gun, not his girlfriend.
- One of Tupac's favorite actors was Jim Carrey whom he used to imitate.
- On September 16, 1996, Tupac's bodyguard, Frank Alexander, went to a tattoo parlor and got a tattoo on his shoulder which says, "In Memory of Tupac, Only God Can Judge You, Revelation 20:12."
- Rapper Treach has a tattoo of Tupac on his left arm.
- The "Against All Odds" outro is from The Godfather III .
- The "Hold Ya Head" intro is from a film about Malcolm X
- The original title of All Eyez On Me was Americaz Euphanasia
- The original title of Me Against the World was Crucify
- The original title of Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z... was Troublesome 21
- The Outlawz were originally supposed to be on "Krazy," but they took too long to write their verses so Tupac let Bad Azz guest appear on it instead.
- Tupac had two rottweilers named Bonnie and Clyde who his uncle took care of.
- Tupac's ex-wife, Keisha Morris, has a tattoo on her arm of Tupac sitting on a chair and looking up.
- Tupac's favorite drink was Sunkist Orange Soda.
- Tupac's two favorite colors were black and gold.
- Tupac's two favorite meals were fried chicken wings with hot sauce and macaroni and cheese.
- Tupac used to work at Roundtable Pizza. He made pizzas and delivered them.
- Tupac wanted to have children, if he had a son he wanted to name him Michelangelo and if he had a daughter he wanted to name her Star.
- Tupac was set to star in Higher Learning, but was dropped from the film due to his legal troubles.
- Tupac's first movie appearance was in Nothing But Trouble.
Posted by DEE JAYT at 11:58 AM
Primo : It was ill because Tupac – if you look at the credits on that album, Tupac put “Thanks to Gang Starr for not suing me for the sample.” Even though it’s not my sample, it’s actually the Thunder & Lightning. Rest in peace to David Pryor. His son actually just stepped to me. His son, Lorenzo Pryor, just stepped to me about something’s gotta give because I used that sample. And I’m like, “Dude, the statute of limitations of that is over. And no disrespect, we weren’t clearing samples back then.” There wasn’t even sample clearance issues back then, not until Biz Markie had that big lawsuit [brought by Gilbert O’Sullivan in 1991]. So we didn’t know anything about the policy of sampling. And I explained to him all of that just last week. He called yelling and screaming at me, talking about me and Kanye and 2Pac and Q-Tip and all these people have been using his father’s voice. And I told him, I said, “Yo, we don’t mind making sure that you see some compensation. But first of all, don’t yell at me. Talk to me with respect, number one. Number two....Read the rest of the interview HERE.
Source : HipHopDX.com
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Friday, July 6, 2012
I DIDN'T THINK I HAD TO STRESS THIS ISSUE BUT APPARENTLY I AM BEING LOOKED AT AS SOMEONE THAT IS TRICKING PEOPLE TO THINK THIS BLOG IS ARTIST DRIVEN. ITS A MIXTAPE AND BLOG INFO SITE OF TUPAC & DJ PREMIER, THEY ARE IN NO WAY AFFILIATED PERSONALLY WITH IT, BUT SEEING AS I AM A DJ THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO PROMOTE THE MIXTAPES I DO WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY ANYONE OF THESE MILLION SITES TO PROMOTE IT, WHICH BY THE WAY I DO NOT GET ANY COMPENSATION FOR. I HAVE BEEN ON WEBSITES WHERE THE USER IS PROMOTING ARTISTS ACTUAL ALBUMS TO DOWNLOAD, ESSENTIALLY INTERNET BOOTLEGGING, YET THEY ARE STILL IN OPERATION, YET I RECEIVE A CEASE & DESIST LETTER FROM THE MGMT OF AN ARTIST ONE OF MY BLOGS TO SHUT DOWN. FOR ONE I AM NOT GIVING AWAY ANYONE'S ALBUMS, OR GETTING PAID TO EVEN RUN THESE SITES, I JUST LOVE DOING IT. BUT I GUESS THAT'S WRONG. AT THE END OF THE DAY I KNOW MY INTENTIONS WERE NOT MALICIOUS IN ANY WAY.
- MUSIC IZ MY MISTRESS -
- MUSIC IZ MY MISTRESS -
Monday, June 25, 2012
One of the greatest mysteries in hip-hop has finally gotten some closure. The person who planned the 1994 hit on Tupac Shakur at Quad Studios has finally come forward.
After being convicted of running an interstate drug operation, Jimmy Henchman confessed to authorities he was the mastermind behind the shooting and robbery of Tupac Shakur that began the East Coast vs. West Coast war. According to the Village Voice, Henchman participated in “Queen For A Day” government sessions last fall where he confessed to being the brains behind the operation that landed Tupac in the hospital nursing five gunshot wounds. (The “Queen For A Day” program allows suspected assailants under investigation choose to enter an agreement with the government to confess knowledge of certain crimes with the agreement that the information won’t be used to prosecute them.)
His confession unfolded as he was trying to carve out a cooperation deal that might lead to a reduced sentence, according to federal prosecutors. “Rosemond apparently came clean about his involvement in Tupac’s ambush shortly after his former best friend, Dexter Isaac, stepped forward last summer to publicly confess that he had led the attack on Shakur in 1994. Isaac released a statement on June 16, 2011 to allhiphop.com, saying it was Rosemond who had paid him to rob and pistol-whip Tupac.”
As our friends at HipHopWired pointed out, the statute of limitations when it comes to the robbery is expired. Criminals suspected of robbery can be prosecuted up to seven years after the crime. Though, Henchman and and one of his partners in the Tupac shooting have confessed, they did so well after the statute of limitations had expired. So no extra years can be added on to Henchman’s sure-to-be lengthy prison sentence.
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Please click on the link and sign the petition.
Below is a Letter from his parents :
Why This Is ImportantOn February 26, our son Trayvon Martin was shot and killed as he walked to a family member's home from a convenience store where he had just bought some candy. He was only 17 years-old.
Trayvon's killer, George Zimmerman, admitted to police that he shot Trayvon in the chest. Zimmerman, the community's self appointed "neighborhood watch leader," called the police to report a suspicious person when he saw Travyon, a young black man, walking from the store. But Zimmerman still hasn't been charged for murdering our son.
Trayvon was our hero. At the age 9, Trayvon pulled his father from a burning kitchen, saving his life. He loved sports and horseback riding. At only 17 he had a bright future ahead of him with dreams of attending college and becoming an aviation mechanic. Now that’s all gone.
When Zimmerman reported Trayvon to the police, they told him not to confront him. But he did anyway. All we know about what happened next is that our 17 year-old son, who was completely unarmed, was shot and killed.
It's been nearly two weeks and the Sanford Police have refused to arrest George Zimmerman. In their public statements, they even go so far as to stand up for the killer - saying he's "a college grad" who took a class in criminal justice.
Please join us in calling on Norman Wolfinger, Florida's 18th District State's Attorney, to investigate my son's murder and prosecute George Zimmerman for the shooting and killing of Trayvon Martin.
Monday, October 31, 2011
Posted by DEE JAYT at 9:35 PM
Posted by DEE JAYT at 9:27 PM
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
The estate of Tupac Shakur commemorated the 15th anniversary of his death Tuesday with a new section on the official 2pac website and a statement about his musical legacy.
The special section features articles about the rapper's work, videos about his life and submissions from fans. It will be online from Tuesday through Sept. 18, notes allhiphop.com.
Shakur's estate, run by his mother Afeni, said Tuesday, "It was Tupac's greatest wish to inspire minds and spark ideas that would change the world.
"It is the greatest privilege of 2pac.com and Universal Music Enterprises to keep his music and message available to all."
The website also posted Shakur's poem, "In the Event of My Demise" from his book of poetry, The Rose That Grew From Concrete. "In the event of my Demise/When my heart can beat no more/I Hope I Die For A Principle/or A Belief that I had lived 4/I will die Before my Time/Because I feel the shadow’s Depth/So much I wanted 2 accomplish/Before I reached my Death/I have come 2 grips with the possibility/and wiped the last tear from my eyes/I Loved All who were Positive/In the event of my Demise.
Joseph Simmons and Kim Kardashian were among those that remembered the rapper Tuesday. Simmons, aka Reverand Run of Run-DMC and MTV's Run's House tweeted, "RIP Tupac.. I often wonder what the Tupac twitter feed would read like if he was still with us #thingsthatmakeyougohmmm."
Kardashian is tweeting lyrics from Tupac songs throughout the day. She wrote Tuesday, "#TupacTuesday! RIP. I'm gonna tweet random lyrics all day! Guess what songs they are!"
Funny or Die marked the occasion with this thought, "2pac would've loved to wake up & see 'RIP Tupac' trending worldwide. Too bad the island he's on doesn't have wifi.
Posted by DEE JAYT at 7:04 PM
Sunday, September 4, 2011
Monday, August 22, 2011
DOWNLOAD IT HERE
Royce Da 5'9 feat Eminem - Writers Block Dj Premier Remix by DJTIGER
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Friday, June 24, 2011
IF HE TRULY DID SET PAC UP TO BE ROBBED AT QUAD STUDIOS IN 1994, HE SET IN MOTION THE EVENTS LEADING UP TO TUPAC & BIGGIE'S DEMISE.
READ THIS CLASSIC LINE FROM TUPAC AKA MAKAVELI :
I heard he was light skinned, stocky with a Haitian accent
Jewelry, fast cars and he's known for flashing (What's his name???)
Listen while I take you back (NIGGA SAY HIS NAME!) and lace this rap,
A real live tale about a snitch named Haitian Jack
Knew he was workin for the feds, same crime, different trials Nigga, picture what he said,
and did I mention i Promised a payback to Jimmy Henchman,
in due time I know you bitch niggas is listenin,
The World Is Mine Set me up, wet me up, niggas stuck me up
Heard the guns bust but you tricks never shut me up
Touch one of mine on everything I own I'll destroy everything you touch, play the game nigga
All out warfare, eye for eye Last words to a bitch nigga, "WHY YOU LIE?!?"
Now you gotta watch your back, now watch your front Here we come, gunshots too tight, now you stuck Fuck the rap game, nigga this M-O-B So believe me we enemies, I go against all odds"
"AGAINST ALL ODDS" - FROM THE CLASSIC MAKAVELI ALBUM, The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory
Canada Directory - Canadian directory featuring real estate, travel & tourism, business & services links of all kinds.